Mainstream Engineering Corporation®, a Florida corporation (“we”, “us” or “our”), respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website mainstreammarine.com (“website” or “site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the website.
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features/register on the website, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website or provide any information about yourself to us, including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any other personally identifiable information. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at:Mainstream Engineering Corporation®
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
200 Yellow Place
Rockledge, FL 32955
SECTION 1 – WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information”); and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. The information collected may include information provided at the time of registering to use our website, purchasing our products, posting material to our website or requesting service through our website. We may also request information from you for various marketing and sales promotions conducted by us or when you report a problem with our website.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies.
- From third party service providers, for example, our business partners.
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. We use the information you provide to us to complete the purchase transaction and any related transactions that may be required such as a refund or exchange.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the website such as our forum or cause information to be transmitted to other users of the website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on the website and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
SECTION 2 – HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR CONSENT TO COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW DO YOU WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return of a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting of your personal information and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If after you provide us with personal information you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:Mainstream Engineering Corporation®
200 Yellow Place
Rockledge, FL 32955
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates as they may exist from time to time.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided personal information to us.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service or Terms of Sale and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mainstream Engineering Corporation, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
SECTION 4 – INFORMATION AND DATA PROVIDED TO MAKE PURCHASES FROM OUR STORE
Our store is hosted on an online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. The information and data you provide to make purchases is stored through data storage, databases and the general e-commerce application. Your data is stored on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, the payment gateway stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
Direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 5 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 – SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure and destruction.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website through User Contributions. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by other users of the Website.
SECTION 8 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at:Mainstream Engineering Corporation®
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
200 Yellow Place
Rockledge, FL 32955